Direct Care Worker - Caregiver
Assist elderly or disabled adults with daily living activities at the person's home or in a daytime non-residential facility. Duties performed at a place of residence may include keeping house (making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes) and preparing meals. May provide meals and supervised activities at non-residential care facilities. May advise families, the elderly, and disabled on such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household utilities.
Christ Advocates for the Elderly is a paraprofessional who is specifically trained and competent. Personal Care Assistants perform assigned functions of personal care for the client in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or other medical or administrative -professionals. Dress appropriately, punctual, and observe agency policy regarding emergency absence from work respect the rights and observe the preference of the consumer/client in their own home.
Demonstrate ways of protecting client’s privacy and promoting independence Respect the confidentiality of client information and adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and agency confidentiality.
- Have a sympathetic attitude with the care of the sick and elderly.
- Ability to read, write and carry out directions (Aide Plan of Care).
- Have maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Must have experience working with the elderly
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Understands and adheres to C.A.F.E.’s policies and procedures.
- Performs personal and bathing care for patients as assigned.
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner according to C.A.F.E., Org.’s policy
- Report changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the RN/Case manager.
- Performs household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
- Ambulates and exercises patients as assigned.
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned.
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs as required.
- Attends Patient Care conferences as scheduled.
Our work environment includes C.A.F.E.’s office, patient’s residences, which include traveling time.
C.A.F.E.’s Aides are supervised by Nursing Supervisor and Program Manager
- Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Ability to perform lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and continuous access to a filly-insured car.
- Pre-Employment Physical
- Drug Test required
- Criminal history clearance
- CPR Training Certified
Must submit to a TB Test
S Dawn Bowles
Founder & Executive Director
Christ Advocates for the Elderly
2565 Fairview Road
Covington, GA 30016